Google Grants for Nonprofits
Google Grants for Nonprofits is an incredible program in which Google provides free Google AdWords advertising—up to $10,000 USD per month—on Google search result pages, to eligible nonprofit organizations. The program is designed to help organizations extend their public service messages to a global audience to make a greater impact on the world.
Google Grants Guidelines:
Here are a few guidelines that Google wants you to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, in positions below the ads of paying advertisers.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind AdWords advertising each month.
Here’s how to qualify for Google Ad Grants:
Google Ad Grants is part of the Google for Nonprofits program. To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organization must:
- Apply to Google for Nonprofits.
- Hold valid charity status. Please see the Google For Nonprofits site for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a live website with substantial content.
Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified once you have a Google Grants for Nonprofits:
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organization must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organization’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion and are not subject to external review.